Surety Bondsman Pre-License
Bail 102 is a 24 hour pre-license course approved by the CT State Department of Insurance for those wishing to become licensed as surety bail bond agents. The course covers a number of topics including history of bail, insurance regulations, criminal procedure, rights of the accused, underwriting, forfeiture management, and ethics.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Start Date||Course||Location||Cost||More Details|
|Jul 08, 2013||Surety Bondsman Pre-License||Vernon (Rockville), CT||$600.00||More Details|
|Oct 07, 2013||Surety Bondsman Pre-License||Vernon (Rockville)||$600.00||More Details|
Connecticut Bail Academy LLC is an approved vendor for pre-licensing education for the state of Connecticut Department of Insurance. Connecticut Bail Academy does NOT issue surety bail bond licenses. Licensing is handled by the State of Connecticut Department of Insurance. Please contact the Connecticut Department of Insurance at (860) 297-3844 to obtain the appropriate application materials prior to attending class.
In order to become a licensed surety bond agent in Connecticut you must:
1. Be at least 18 years old an U.S. Citizen.
2. Complete a pre-license education course approved by the Department of Insurance.
3. Pass a 60 question exam administered by Prometric. http://www.prometric.com or call 1-800-341-3257.
4. Submit a completed application to the State Department of Insurance and send a copy to the Office of the Chief State's Attorney. The application now requires submission of a recent credit report and (2) character reference letters.
5. A criminal background check will be performed on all applicants for a surety bail bond license.
If you have any question about your suitability to be licensed as a surety bail bond agent please contact the Department of Insurance at (860) 297-3844. You may also run a criminal background check on yourself by contacting the State Department of Public Safety at (860) 685-8490 or online at www.ct.gov.
Disqualifying Offenses: Anyone who has been convicted of any of the following offenses is ineligible for a surety bail bond license: